You’ve just made a big investment in your health and well-being by buying a hearing aid–it’s time to make sure that investment pays off. Hearing aid fittings ensure you get the best quality sound and that your hearing aids are comfortable enough to wear all day.
Questions about your hearing aids?
What to Expect at a Fitting
- Fittings take approximately an hour.
- Your hearing aid professional will test both the fit and functionality.
- You may need more than one fitting to get the best sound quality and comfort.
- Expect to review all your hearing aids’ advanced functions. Even if you’ve had a hearing aid before, pay close attention. (Consider recording some of the explanation with your smartphone to review later, especially if you have difficulty hearing the instructions.)
- Your hearing aid will be programmed based on your hearing test results.
- You’ll also review how to keep your hearing aid operating at its peak through regular cleaning and care.
- Schedule a follow up appointment to make adjustments and to answer any questions that come up after giving your hearing aids a test drive.
- After your fitting, spend some time every day doing exercises to test and adjust your new hearing aids. (You can find hearing exercises and other resources here.)
What Is Real Ear Measurement?
We want you to get the most from your hearing aids. Over the course of one to three follow-up visits, we’ll look at the situations where you thrive and those where you might need some improvement. We’ll adjust your hearing aids based on your experience with them.
Today’s hearing instruments are highly programmable, and small adjustments may make a big difference. Your hearing aids should be comfortable with respect to the physical fit and the sound loudness. If you’re not satisfied, come see us immediately for alterations to provide a comfortable fit.